Monday, January 17, 2011

Why can't broken hearts be fixed by band-aids?

"Sometimes I wish I were a little kid again, skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts."

When I was a little kid I would run around my neighborhood for hours without a care in the world. I would run around barefoot and stub my toes and fall flat on my face. I would dust myself off and keep "trucking".

In second grade I was running for the ice cream man and while running I broke my foot from god  knows what.  Having a broken foot doesn't even compare to having a broken heart.

Even though a broken heart is terrible, along with puffy eyes and mascara everywhere, I've been told that time heals all.  If this is true, I cannot wait for time to fly by to mend my broken heart. If only a broken heart was as easy to fix by slapping a band-aid on it and dabbing some medicine on the wound.

One can only hope at least. As 'till then I suppose I'll dust my shoulders off and start putting the pieces of my heart back in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment