Thursday, January 13, 2011

Go hard or go home

I've been going to the gym for a solid year now. I guess you could say I achieved my "New Years Resolution" last year. I really enjoy the gym...all the people, the release of stress, the time to myself to think and lastly I get the opportunity to tone my thighs.

I have made many gym friends over the past year and we have had some good times, however I must say today while I was at the gym I was thoroughly annoyed. The gym at EKU is fairly small compared to Urban Active, which is where I go when I'm at home in Cincinnati

Today while I was on the stairmaster trying to "kill it" at the gym at Eastern, I looked around and made an observation. I noticed some people need to go big or go home. Since I was elevated on the stairmaster, I saw many people just walking casually on the treadmills and barely working the elliptical. I wanted to go up to these people and ask them if they think they are doing anything beneficial to their health or body for that matter. There were dozens of people who would come and check if the cardio equipment was open, and to their misfortune all the cardio equipment was full of people just lolly-gagging around on the equipment.

Basically, the point I am trying to make is: if you see someone looking to get on some kind of equipment and you're not burning more than 5 calories, then maybe you should either "go hard on the equipment you are using" or please be courteous and get off and let someone else have a chance to actually use the equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment