Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Almost Settled

Welcome back blog (that I have so hopelessly forgot about due to my crazy schedule these past few months). As I open my blog that I made last January I can't help but realize how much my life has changed in 10 months. When I made this blog this is the caption I wrote about myself:

I am currently a senior at Eastern Kentucky University studying Public Relations. I am getting ready to walk in May; however I will still have two summer classes left. Therefore I will not be all the finished until the end of June. I am looking forward to searching for a job in the Cincinnati area. I cannot wait for the journeys ahead of me!

Wow how that plan went in a different direction. I did however finish school/walk in my graduation and finish out two summer classes (they were the death of me) to get my degree. However, the whole plan to move to Cincinnati and look for a job with such excitement certainly changed. Instead, I moved home for a month and a half, moved back down to Richmond to live with my amazing boyfriend Brannon, and searched for jobs here, near, and elsewhere. I finally landed a job that I thought I would enjoy, and at last I could stop living off hardly anything! I took the job and liked it at first.

As time went by, the more and more bored and frustrated I got with the job. I just gave my two week notice to quit and take on a new challenge elsewhere, with better flexibility, better opportunity for growth, and a busier environment. I felt really guilty for giving my two weeks notice. I didn't know how to do it, when to do it, if my boss was going to be mad or what not. I asked my boyfriend and my mom numerous times for advice. The best advice I got was from my mom, "Business is business. If that company didn't need you they would let you go in a heartbeat and maybe feel bad for five minutes, if that. Do what is good for you and never look back!" 

I start my new job in a week and a half and I am so happy to move on with my life and start a new chapter. So far these past 10 months have been nothing but madness. It feels good to finally be settled in my life. I have a great boyfriend, a cozy home (thanks to my girly touches) and a new job to look forward to! Here's hoping the next 10 months are just as fun with just a little less madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment