Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I guess some goodbyes are better left unsaid

Over the weekend I moved back home to Northern KY, the place where I haven't called home since the summer of 2007, when I graduated high school. The truth is, I really haven't been able to call anywhere home since then. I have moved in and out of dorm halls and up and down different floors of the dorm,  in my apartment (which was permanent for 2 years, which was a record for me), back home for the summers every May, then out of my apartment for good, in with my boyfriend, and then out on my own, in my own tiny 300 sq ft apartment. Yes it was small but it was adorable!

 Since last May, I have moved 5 times total, in and out of places. It is safe to say, I have no clue where anything is at this point. Coming home has been the most bittersweet thing I have ever had to. Leaving the life I once shared with my now ex- boyfriend of almost a year and all the memories shared throughout college. Richmond, Ky really has been a home away from home for me for many, many years. However, Richmond does not have a support system, such as my family.

Friday, was my last day of work and all week I felt weird. Working ay USBank since October, I got to meet some really cool people through work. On my last day, I didn't know what to say to people. Usually I say "Well, see ya Monday" or "Talk to ya Monday or the next day about your weekend". It occurred to me that I probably won't see the customers ever again and I'm really hoping to see my co-workers in the future, but who knows when.

Even with my friends in Lexington and Richmond, I didn't know what to say. It's hard to say "See ya soon", when deep down it may not happen for quite sometime that I see them. It's been four whole weeks since my entire world exploded right in front of me, the day we my ex and I broke up. It was the day we last each other. So four weeks later and it's Valentine's Day....yup, just my luck!

 If I would have known that on that Tuesday, January 24, that that would have been the last time I got to say goodbye to someone I loved so dearly, I would have cherished the moment.  I never got the chance to say my goodbyes and get closure from the man I fell in love with.  To this day I keep thinking about what I might have said. I mean you just cant say, "Well see you around" or "Until later"....

On Saturday, on my drive out of Richmond and down 75, I found myself sobbing and tyring to take in every little bit of the drive that I drove so often. I was trying to make sense of everything that has happened in my life. When I pulled into my new apartment, (which is by the way even more adorable than the Richmond one hehe ) I got to thinking that maybe some goodbyes are better left unsaid and everything happens for a reason!

1 comment:

  1. I've been there, Rachel. It's all about forward momentum at this point. Each day, there is a little more momentum. (I used to literally picture arrows in my head, moving forward.)
    -- Judi

    ReplyDelete